RGR40108 – Certificate IV in Racing (Racehorse Trainer)
A racehorse trainer is a person who is licensed to operate a business that trains horses under racing industry regulated licensing criteria for the purpose of competing in industry-regulated events. The trainer is responsible for the care, maintenance and racing performance of the animals. A trainer at this level has developed a sound knowledge of all aspects of the industry and has acquired competencies that enable performance of all tasks and duties associated with running a racing establishment, including managing staff, finances and equipment.
- Assistant Trainer
- Racehorse Trainer
- Workplace / Flexible Delivery
How to Apply:
- By phone:
- Skillinvest Metro – 1300 135 008
- Skillinvest Regional – 1300 308 620
- Must be currently employed at a thoroughbred racing stable.
Fees and Charges:
- Refer to the Fees & Charges link on the Skillinvest website (www.skillinvest.com.au).
- To meet the packaging rules and attain the qualification, a total of 15 units must be completed, comprising:
- 7 core units
- 8 elective units
- The nominal hours for the units selected must total between 521 and 870 hours.
- RGRCMN001A - Comply with the Rules of Racing and Related Protocols
- RGRPSH408A - Manage Horse Health and Welfare
- RGRPSH417A - Participate in Protests, Inquiries and Appeals
- RGRCMN401A - Maintain and Monitor OHS Procedures and Environmental Work Practices
- RGRPSH421A - Operate Horse Racing Training Business
- BSBSMB407A - Manage a Small Team
- RGRPSH503A - Trial and Race Horses
- RGRPSH302A - Supervise Handling of Horses
- RGRPSH502A - Plan and Implement Education of Horses for Racing
- RGRPSH422A - Promote and Maintain Business Arrangements with Racehorse Owners
- RGRPSH401A - Relate Anatomical and Physiological Features to the Care and Treatment of Horses
- RGRPSH409A - Determine Nutritional Requirements for Racing Horses
- AHCHBR307A - Assess Conformation of Horses
- RGRPSH504A - Develop Systems and Records for Horse Racing Business Training Operations
- BSBSMB303A - Organise Finances for the Micro Business
- BSBSMB403A - Market the Small Business