SHB20216 – Certificate II in Salon Assistant
This qualification will assist individuals who work as salon assistants and communicate and interact in the workplace and provide services to clients and colleagues. This qualification is suitable for an Australian Apprenticeship pathway and VETIS delivery.
- Salon Assistant
- Workplace / Flexible Delivery
How to Apply:
- By phone:
- Skillinvest Metro – 1300 135 008
- Skillinvest Regional – 1300 308 620
- There are no prerequisites for this qualification
Fees and Charges:
- Refer to the Fees & Charges link on the Skillinvest website (www.skillinvest.com.au)
- To achieve the award of SHB20216 Certificate II in Salon Assistant, students must successfully complete a total of 12 units comprising:
- 8 core units
- 4 elective units:
- A minimum of 3 units must be selected from the general units listed in the qualification.
- A maximum of 2 elective units may be selected from another endorsed Training Package or accredited course. These must be units which are first packaged at AQF level 2 or 3.
- In all cases, selection of electives must be guided by the job outcome sought, local industry requirements and the characteristics of this qualification.
- For this course, the total nominal hours must be between 318 and 335 nominal hours.
- BSBWHS201 – Contribute to health and safety of Self and Others
- SHBHBAS001 – Perform Shampoo and Basin Services
- SHBHDES001 – Dry Hair to Shape
- SHBHIND001 – Maintain and Organise Tools, Equipment and Work Areas
- SHBXCCS001 – Conduct Salon Financial Transactions
- SHBXCCS003 – Greet and Prepare Clients for Salon Services
- SHBXIND001 – Comply with Organisational Requirements within a Personal Services Environment
- SHBXIND002 – Communicate as Part of a Salon Team
- SHBHBAS002 – Provide Neck and Shoulder Massages for Relaxation
- SHBHCLS001 – Apply Hair Colour Products
- SIRRINV001 – Receive and Handle Stock
- SIRXSLS001 – Sell to the Retail Customer